Ray County Genealogy

A Missouri GenWeb Project

Ray County Home Page

Mallory School

Mallory School 69 Lexington East 686 feet 39.228ºN 93.788ºW In southeastern Crooked River Township. Named for the landowner. (Happy)
County Coordinator
Mallory Schoolhouse was built in the fall of 1872. One acre of land was purchased from James R. and Mary Freeman for the sum of twenty dollars. The Deed was recorded September 12, 1872. Mallory School District was in the southeast corner of Ray County.

The first records were sent to the County School Superintendent in 1907. The first eighth grade graduates on record were DeWitt and Leland McQueen who graduated in 1908.

In the year 1938-1939, the enrollment was 35. In 1945, the enrollment was so small it was decided to close the school and send the children by bus to the Hardin School.

The Mallory School District became part of the Hardin Consolidated School District No. 8 on May 25, 1950.

Source: http://www.hardincentral.k12.mo.us/about/history/mallory-school.html

To add additional information relating to Ray County, Missouri Genealogy, E-Mail the county coordinator.

since April 1, 2002

Last Updated 10/12/2008